Monday, February 28, 2011

All Alone - But So Not Alone!

Now that Amanda and Kara are gone it is weird to write this by myself. I am very used to writing and speaking and thinking in "we." But now it is just a different "we" I guess.  I have so many friends here it is funny when people ask me if I am lonely now. Mark is still here, will be here until August, and we do all of the intern things together. And pretty much everything else, too. In Thai class I have several good farang friends  that I can talk to about home and hang out with. Awn comes by almost everyday to hang out and study and it has been so fun to speak Tinglish with her and to hear how she is learning more about Christ all the time just by hanging out at the Zone.

LST just left yesterday and it was sad to see them go but as always, there is no normal here at the Zone and we already have some other friends staying here a few days that have been traveling around the world. Kara said one time that when people are here it seems like they have always been here and when people leave it feels like they have been gone for years and its really true.

This week Mark and I are starting new English classes to try to pick up where the LST group left off. We will have group classes and will probably be doing a kind of continuation of reading in the Bible where the students left off in the LST book. I am excited and ready to teach again. It is really a nice break to not teach when LST is here but I think I feel a lot more useful when I am teaching. Also my Thai class is over in 2 days and I will be done with learning Thai ( in a classroom) forever! I'm kind of glad to have some time off from it, it has been getting harder and more frustrating. But I'm glad to know so much now!

No comments:

Post a Comment