Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy birthday P Robert!

     The last two days have been really busy and really fun! Friday morning a group of 4 people from Japan came and we picked them up at the airport and got to have some good bonding time over french toast at the Todd's house. They have been traveling all over Asia and learning about the different churches and seeing how they are different but also all full of the same Spirit. They are very fun and I'm so glad that we got to be here at the same time! Friday night was F4 here at the Zone with the Cheung Doi church. Its a big party and we helped buy and cook the food which was super yummy. At the party we played crazy games and had worship and James was baptized! Everyone was so excited and James was so happy and we all took a million pictures. It was great!
     After working hard on Friday preparing for the party, we had a really fun and relaxing day today. It was P Robert's birthday and the mission team, the interns, and the Japanese group all went to a nice Chinese buffet for lunch. I ate some really fun but weird stuff like duck feet and fish heads and jellyfish. The only one of the those I liked was the fish head. But everything else was awesome. And then the moment came we had both been waiting for since we came to Thailand, a Thai massage! I can't tell you how wonderful it is. Amanda's lady told her she was too tense and had a bad back so its a good thing we went to get her straightened out! Later a lot of us went to get dinner and go bowling. Amanda had the very lowest score and I wasn't too far behind but we all had a lot of fun. Our friend Mint came again and seems to be connecting well with the Christians here. I got to help her with her English homework today and I must say that I need to brush up on my grammar skills if I'm going to be helping people.
    I completely forgot to say that Mark Foster finally got here today! He is another intern here and will be doing everything with us. He is probably reading this right now because he already knew everything we had done when he got here because he has been reading this blog. Yay for our readers!...that's you. We are so excited that he's here and he seems pretty cool and I think we will be best friends and do amazing work here together. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment